podcast studio rental rates
- $25 per hour for up to 3 podcasters
- $10 per hour per additional podcaster
- Full use of the podcast studio to record your podcast
- Access to all of our recording equipment including high end microphones, pop screens, cables, mixing board and recording devices.
- Access to our 55" inch monitor with AirPlay connectivity and Apple TV.
- Access to iPads for live, on the fly podcast research
- High Speed Internet.
- Complimentary water, soft drinks & beer (brought to you by ROSS Brewing)
engineering and recording
If you require a professional to properly record your podcast session, you will require an engineer.
The rates are as follows:
- $20 per hour for a studio engineer
- A skilled sound engineer who will be present at all times recording and monitoring your podcast to ensure the best sound quality and an audio file containing your podcast
- The upload of your podcast so that it is made available on iTunes and social media.
- Full technical support during your podcast session
Also Available at our studio
Facebook Live - livestream your podcast - $10/hour:
Stream your entire podcast session LIVE to your facebook account as you podcast. This is great for adding an exciting live video element to your podcast as well as being a great promotional tool for your podcast. Videos can be recorded and uploaded to such streaming services as YouTube.
Skype - call in a guest/Skype in a podcaster - $10/hr:
For podcasters who need to call in a guest for an episode. We have the audio setup available where all of your co-hosts can communicate clearly with a call-in guest.
For podcasters who need to patch in a host remotely, this can be done as well. No longer does your co-host need to be physically present, they can be skyped in and sound as if they were there.
Podcast Artwork Design - $50:
Professional design of artwork for your podcast feed that will appear in iTunes, on social media and elsewhere.
podcasting 101 - $100
Join award winning podcasters Ming Chen or Mike Zapcic as they guide you through the world of creating your own podcast from start to finish. This private, 2 hour course for you and up to 3 friends will put you on the path to creating your own podcast feed. By the end of this class you will have recorded a 45 minute to 1 hour podcast that will be available on iTunes. This course includes the following:
- 2 hour private instruction on how to create your own podcast, guided by Ming Chen or Michael Zapcic
- The first hour will focus on creating a podcast on the subject of your choice, recording an exceptional episode, game planning discussion topics and talking points so that they flow into a cohesive episode, technical instruction, tips on marketing and getting people to listen to your podcast and more.
- The second hour will be spent recording your first podcast episode which will be available on iTunes by the time you leave.
- If desired, Ming Chen or Mike Zapcic will be guests on your podcast while providing in episode guidance and instruction.
PODCASTING for podcasters - $100
Do you already have a podcast and have questions about how to make it better? Do you want to take your podcast to the next level? Do you have questions on expanding your audience and your marketing? Do you have questions on recorders, mixing boards, microphones and other gear? Do you just want to ask Ming and Mike a bunch of questions? Join the guys behind A Shared Universe as they answer all of the above and more. This private, 2 hour course for you and up to 3 friends will put you on the path to podcast dominance. The first hour will consist of getting all of your technical and non-technical questions about podcasting answered by Ming and Mike. In the second hour, Ming and Mike will podcast along with you about anything you want. By the end of this class you will have recorded a 45 minute to 1 hour podcast that will be available on iTunes. This course includes the following:
- 1-hour private session with Ming and Mike in which you get any and all of your questions answered. Come armed with whatever you want to ask. We will tell you everything.
- 1-hour podcast session with award winning podcasters Ming Chen and Mike Zapcic
record your own podcast - a guide to recording and engineering your own podcasts - $75
For anyone with a love of gear, technical specs or who would like to learn how to record their own podcasts, this 1 hour course will guide you on each piece of gear and how to use it. By the time you complete this course you will have enough technical knowledge to record your own podcasts and use the gear available at A Shared Universe. This course includes the following:
- 1 hour private instruction on how to record your own podcasts using the gear available at A Shared Universe PodcaStudio
- The knowledge you gain in this class will enable you to record your own podcast episodes without the use of a studio engineer.
recording your own podcasts at home or at work - a guide to recording your podcasts outside of the studio - $75
For anyone who would like to start recording their podcasts at home, at work, offsite or anywhere outside of the studio. This 1 hour course will include the following:
- Instruction on the use of podcasting gear outside of a studio setting. This will include recommending equipment that will fit your budget, how to use it properly and the right way to install and connect it.
offsite podcast recording services
We will record your podcast anywhere at any time - $75/hour
Record your podcast in the comfort of your own home, office, place of business or anywhere else. We will bring our portable podcasting setup to record your podcast episode in a location that is convenient for you. We have recorded episodes in boardrooms, in-flight, on buses, in hotel rooms, in bars and restaurants, on the beach, on road trips and everywhere in between. We will come to you. (Price applies to Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Areas outside of this radius please inquire)
Occasionally A Shared Universe will hold fun events that bring our podcasting community together. Stay tuned for announcements on when and where these take place. Example events:
TV Show screenings and reaction podcast recordings
Imagine watching popular episodic TV shows such as Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, American Gods, Survivor, The Bachelor and Curb Your Enthusiasm and then recording a reactionary podcast about the most current episode with like-minded fans.
Movie Screenings and reaction podcast recordings
We hit the movies with fellow film fans and podcasters to watch the newest releases and head back to the studio immediately afterwards to talk about the film we just watched.
audio commentary recordings for your favorite movies
The most fun you can have while rewatching that movie you've seen a million times. We set up a screening of your favorite good (or bad) movie and record audio as you and your friends record your own commentary track which can be downloaded for anyone else to follow along as a podcast episode!